Education Beyond the Classroom
Special events take place each year, which add to the breadth of academic and cultural life at St Andrew’s School. Events this academic year have included:
- Choral and orchestral tour to Japan.
- Universities “Town and Gown” trip to Cambridge, Nottingham, Manchester and London Universities, England.
- World Scholar’s Cup Regional Finals in Nairobi.
- World Scholar’s Cup International Final in Bangkok, Thailand.
- World Scholar’s Cup Tournament of Champions in Connecticut, USA.
- Regional Model United Nations Conference in Nairobi.
- Senior Round Square Student Conference, Marrakesh, Morocco.
- Junior Round Square Student Conference to Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Hosting a Spanish cultural day at St Andrew’s.
- Visits to art galleries, museums and theaters.
- Business Studies and Geography field trips to local and national sites of interest.
- Weekly sports tours to play other international school in Kenya and Trip to Youth Football World Cup, Sweden where the St Andrew’s team won the award for “most sporting team” as well as reaching the semi-finals.
St Andrew’s is very proud of it status as a Round Square School (www.roundsquare.org), an elite organisation of about 150 similarly minded schools from across all continents of the world who place the Round Square IDEALS of internationalism, democracy, environment, adventure, leadership and service at the heart of their school curriculum. The school is very pleased to have hosted the Round Square Conference in February 2017.
St Andrew’s has a rich tradition of music and drama, with students having the opportunity to study for ABRSM exams in a wider range of instrumental as well as theory exams, as well as the LAMDA individual dram exams.