We warmly invite you to visit St Andrew’s School, Turi and see our beautiful country estate and School life in action. Please complete our Application for admission form below. Visits to the School are best organised in advance by speaking to our Admissions Team. This allows us to organise a personal tour for your family, focusing on areas specific to your child. You will also have the opportunity to meet with the Headmaster or Deputy Head as well as other key members of staff.
Years 9-11 (ages 13-16)
Our assessments at Senior School are more vigorous, involving a number of areas. It is conducted in a relaxed environment, allowing your child to demonstrate their potential. Areas include:
- CAT4 = A computer based assessment of reasoning ability that can identify where a student’s real strengths lie. It measures pupil ability in four areas: non-verbal, quantitative, verbal and spatial
- English Assessment = A computer based assessment which examines English skills such as spelling, grammar, punctuation and reading comprehension
- Maths Assessment = A computer based assessment which examines mathematical skills and knowledge, in areas such as number, shape, data handling and algebra
- A hand written English exercise (usually descriptive writing)
- A face to face discussion with the Headmaster. This is a chance for the Headmaster to meet your child and discuss why they would like to join St Andrews Senior School, what they could contribute and their aspirations for the future.
- Your child’s behavioral record may also be discussed
Before your visit
We would ask you to scan and email copies of your child’s most recent school report, a copy of their birth certificate and passport at the time of your application.
Long Distance Applications
We would always encourage families to visit the School as you consider making an application, so that we can welcome you to this very special place and you can see the School ‘in action’. However, as a School which attracts pupils of over 22 different nationalities we understand that a personal visit isn’t always possible in the first instance. If you feel this is the case for you please do not hesitate to contact the appropriate member of the Admissions Team to discuss our long distance application process.
This test is followed by an online form with the information sent to an email address, once submitted.
For more information contact the Admissions Office: firstname.lastname@example.org