Easter Term 2023
A new year comes with the promise of refreshment and renewal. We have begun the year on a high note.. literally! 26 students waved the Turi flag high last evening as they concurred point Lenana on Mount Kenya. This is no mean feat. We excitedly await their return to school.
The great weather this term means lots of activity in and out of school. A team of cyclists are returning from Nairobi today after an exciting Hog charge weekend at Peponi School. Another group of Geography and Biology students will be returning today from their field study of the Indian ocean.
We are all now settled into our routines and working on the Heart, Mind , Body and Soul through curricular and co-curricular activities.
A few of the activities we are looking forward to are:
- Our first Senior School post-Covid drama production, The Prince of Egypt
- Participation in East African Model United Nations- Nairobi
- Prep School trip up Mount Elgon
- Year 9 and Year 10 Round Square conference in South Africa
- KAISSO tournaments in hockey, boys’ basketball and girls’ football
- Performing at the Lipala music festival
There’s so much to look forward to and to be grateful and we commit all our plans and preparations into the hands of the Almighty. The great weather also means more outdoor chapel and learning about the heart of Christ in nature.
Lots of learning and lots of growing as we approach the Easter season and celebrate Christ’s love for us all.
Happy new year and new term.