After a well-deserved break, we are back for the second half of Christmas term.
The week started on a quiet note as we settled into our routines. The buzz however has grown gradually for what is one the most anticipated weekends of the year.
We finally get to use the newly rebuilt BP Hall as we hold the first Orchestral Weekend in nearly three years. Tonight, after a day of practice, we and friends from nine schools will put on a show for parents and other guests.
We started the week in celebration mode. It is no secret that our students put in the work in the various areas of school life. We are proud of all of the efforts of them, but would like to particularly congratulate five students who this week learned that they were the recipients of Outstanding Learner Awards from the Pearson Edexcel exam board:
- Brian Nyoto, highest mark in Kenya for IGCSE English Language;
- Asante Omeke, highest mark in Kenya for IGCSE English Literature;
- Sarah Kerich, highest mark in Kenya for IGCSE History;
- Moraa Siika, highest mark in Kenya for A Level English Literature;
- Sisan Kola-Lawal, highest mark in Africa for A Level Psychology.
Year 9’s and 10’s had the privilege of engaging well-known online expert Jon Taylor about being safe online. See his work here