The new school year begins next week. There are changes to accompany this, new staff, new pupils and new ways of learning thanks to Covid-19. Among these changes include change in leadership at the Prep School. Mr Ian Wright, together with his wife Wendy, join us from Pocklington Prep in the UK.
Day by day we are getting to know him. Here’s some of the things we’ve learnt:
- He is a family man – husband to Wendy and father of two.
- His favourite sport is road cycling.
- He has been a teacher for 29 years.
- He has been a headmaster for 14 years.
- His most memorable experience was a family trip to Iceland when he was 18.
- His favourite part about being a teacher is seeing children lighting up when they finally get something they were struggling with.
- He prefers working with students in person to virtually/online.
- He has successfully led a back-to-school strategy during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Words he lives by: Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
- He believes in balance – that we should work hard and play hard.
- He is afraid of rottweilers.
- He is not a big football fan.
Get acquainted with Mr & Mrs Wright…